Saturday 19 February 2011

Season 1, Episodes 1 & 2

Episode 1: 33

Highlights/Moments of Revelation
  • I’m not a big fan of the little flashes of what’s going to happen in this episode right after the opening credits. I’d rather just watch the episode, thank you.
  • I loved the music for the opening scene. It built the tension to the countdown so well, and the fact that we have no idea what they’re counting down to made it even more suspenseful.
  • I am really enjoying the juxtaposition of Gaius’ atheism and Number Six’s belief in God. I especially like the way that during the visions (or memories) he gets of the two of them back on Caprica (I assume), he is so calm and sure of himself and his beliefs, compared with how he is on the Galactica.
  • The scene with Commander Adama running the water to shave while Tigh eats a bowl of noodles feels very luxurious after watching episode 2.
  • Starbuck saying of Boomer “cos she’s a Cylon!” Oh the irony!
  • The telephone call between the President and Commander Adama feels to me like it might be foreshadowing some kind of relationship between the two. The way she asks “are you there?” after a brief pause, plus the tired whispering between the two makes the way they are talking sound reminiscent of lovers.
  • “A baby was born today on the Rising Star.” Symbolism, much?
Quote

Tigh: “Gotta make the old man look good.”
Adama: “I always look good.”
Tigh: “Look in a mirror.”

Episode 2: Water

Highlights/Moments of Revelation
  • Commander Adama’s attempt to make the President ‘feel like the President’ reinforces my (admittedly half-baked) theory that something is going to happen between them.
  • As she got out of the jacuzzi, Number Six’s towel in Gaius’ memory (vision/conversation in his head) on Caprica is the same red as her dress in her other scenes. Will this become her signature colour, and/or will it be used (simply) to distinguish her from her other copies, like the one Helo encountered on Caprica in a white coat?
  • I was moved by the President using her pocket as her ‘desk drawer’ to remember the Olympic Carrier.
Quote

Billy: “You look good. I like your hair.”
Dee: “My hair?”

No comments:

Post a Comment