Saturday 4 June 2011

Season 2, Episodes 15 & 16

Episode 15: Scar

Highlights/Moments of Revelation
  • Starbuck drunk is not pretty.
  • I'm glad the issue of replacing the lost vipers was addressed.
  • I found the formula of a series of flashes to the space battle before each act a little more effective than the single flash at the beginning of the episode before we're told what happened "48 hours earlier".
  • Helo and Starbuck's fake wrestling was cute.
Question
  • Did Starbuck really think Anders had no chance at all of surviving on Caprica? That wasn't the impression I got after she left him there.
Quotes
  • Lee: "Bright shiny futures are overrated anyway."
  • Kara: "Ever since I got back, you have been on my ass like a bad rash!"
Episode 16: Sacrifice

Highlights/Moments of Revelation
  • This episode was really intense, which was welcome after a few week episodes to which I had been somewhat indifferent.
  • I didn't believe Adama when he says he would shoot Sharon.
  • Billy's proposal to Dee was completely out of the blue.
  • As soon as Lee was shot, I thought it would be his death that the episode title referred to. I had no idea it would be Billy instead.
  • I loved Sharon's admission to Adama that she wouldn't reveal who the other Cylon agents in the fleet were. (I'm really enjoying the suspense of not knowing who they are!)
  • It was quite clear that Adama would use the body of the Sharon that was shot by Cally to assuage the terrorists.
  • When Billy took the gun from the guy who Sesha had ordered to kill Dee, in my head I had the chorus line to the song "Billy, Don't Be A Hero" by Paper Lace.
  • I can't believe they killed off Billy. I both love and hate TV shows for doing this.
Questions
  • Are unisex toilets the norm in this universe?
  • What was Starbuck doing on Cloud 9? She looked like she was dressed up for something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment