Saturday 21 January 2012

Caprica, Episode 2

Episode 2: Rebirth
  • When I started watching the episode, I thought "I don't really care", but I soldiered through, and started to be taken back in to the BSG world a bit more as I watched.
  • Lacey looks kind of like Kaylee from Firefly.
  • Sister Clarice is so clearly trying to seduce Lacey.
  • Lacey mentioned Saturday. This made me wonder, do all Colonial planets have seven day weeks, or is it just Caprica? It would surely not be possible for them all to use the same system because they would surely have different orbits and rotations.
  • The title sequence is weird. I don't know if I like it yet.
  • Is Zoe going to wear the same purple dress the whole series?
  • Daniel plays the piano. More proof that he should be the basis for the Cylon model Seven, who should have been Kara Thrace's father, not some random Head Character.
  • Polygamy on Caprica! Cool!
  • Sam (Willy's uncle) is gay! Hopefully he doesn't suffer the same fate as the other two openly gay BSG characters (Admiral Cain and Felix Gaeta) and become evil then die.
  • We saw Greek and Chinese writing in Little Tauron. I believe this is the first time we've seen other written languages than English in this universe. I guess English is meant to stand for Caprican, and perhaps these others stand for other Colonial languages.
  • Willy making his father guilty about there being no family, after his uncle's advice was very sneaky.
  • Cylon Zoe sitting on her bed and breaking it was obvious.
  • I felt slightly patronised by the writers with how they beat it over our heads that Amanda realised what the infinity symbol meant and that Zoe was part of the STO.
  • But then ending with Amanda's declaration of her belief that Zoe caused the explosion at the memorial was a good dramatic ending, despite its slight cringe-worthiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment