Saturday 5 March 2011

Season 1, Episodes 5 & 6

Episode 5: You Can't Go Home Again

Highlights/Moments of Revelation
  • That was a great and subtle mislead at the beginning when Starbuck was being pulled along by her parachute, and we are (presumeably) supposed to think that a Cylon is dragging her away.
  • I'm starting to realise that Number 6 probably won't always be dressed in that little red dress. I guess the casting people want to show off Tricia Helfer's body and not be limited by one outfit for her. It seems like she has signature music instead.
  • Even the Cylon ships are organic! Wow, and gross!
  • I loved the little punch Commander Adama gave the phone after talking to the President who thought they had given up the search.
  • I was a little surprised how everyone was so willing to immediately accept that the Cylon raider that Starbuck had commandeered, was in fact flown by her simply because she'd marked her name under its wings. The Commander, true to his character however, seemed to be the only sceptical one.
Episode 6: Litmus

Highlights/Moments of Revelation
  • Because of the "previously on BSG" bit at the beginning, it was quite obvious who the guy the camera was following around was, and that he was probably going to blow something up. Another reason I'd rather just watch the episode (though I understand the usefulness of a "previously" reminder for a show when it's airing week to week, but for someone like me rewatching, it seems rather unecessary, so I'm going to skip them, I think).
  • The three Cylons standing on a building opposite Helo on Caprica was a bit ridiculous. He'd surely see them standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!
  • The President taking off her glasses right before saying "Now I'll take your questions": was that so she didn't have to see the people asking her difficult questions? I'm thinking like Giles on BtVS!
  • There are pigeons on Caprica!
  • Chief Tyrol suspects Sharon of colluding with the Cylons. OMG!
Quotes
  • Number 6: "Don't make me angry, Gaius. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
    • and then to go from that to the scene on Caprica with Caprica 6 beating up Sharon's copy. Wow!
  • Commander Adama: "You. You'll pay a different price. You'll have to walk out on that hangar deck every day, knowing that one of your men is in the brig because you couldn't keep your fly zipped!"

No comments:

Post a Comment