Saturday 3 September 2011

Season 3, Episode 19 & 20

Episode 19: Crossroads, Part 1
  • Six really is very angel like, at least she appears to be in Laura's "dream".
  • Lampkin's rant was unexpectedly brilliant.
  • Adama referring to Caprica Six as "it".
  • I heart Head-Gaius so much.
  • It was very brave of Caprica Six to talk to Tigh in the way she did and to hit him back. Was she hoping he would order her to be shot, so she'd download to a baseship?
  • It makes me sad to see Adama so angry at Lee. I can deal with the reverse, but this just brakes my heart.
  • Lee looks hot in a suit.
  • Laura has cancer again. Oh dear. I guess at least now she can take on her role of dying leader again.
  • Why is Tory being so touchy about the President revealing her use of chamala?
  • I expected a cliff hanger ending, so this disappointed. I guess really this and the next episode are meant to be watched as one.
Quotes

Adama: "You're my oldest friend, Saul. You never embarrass me." This is especially touching after seeing the end of the next episode.

Laura (to Tory): "Pull it together and focus on your job fast. Or I can find someone who can handle the press as well as pull a comb through their hair once a week."

Helo: "Weather's changing, Felix. We need to be ready for it. There's a storm coming." Foreshadowy, much?

Episode 20: Crossroads, Part 2
  • I still totally ship Laura and Bill, but I'm starting to judge them for working together to take down Gaius.
  • Sam and Tory. Really?
  • Laura looks pretty glamorous in her shared dream sequence. This, and the fact that she's sharing this dream with two Cylons (therefore, possibly "projecting") could be seen as evidence for her being the final Cylon. This seems unlikely, however, as when she had cancer the first time, she was cured by the blood of a half Cylon child.
  • Gaeta really disappointed me not standing up for Gaius. Bad show, Felix. Bad show.
  • Lee sticking up for Gaius, however, was unexpected and his speech, recounting basically the whole history of the show so far, was awesome!
  • I would have liked to see the defense call Caprica Six as a witness. No doubt, that wouldn't have been allowed, though.
  • All the lights go out, but not in Six's cell. Hmm.
  • The last 10 minutes of this episode were what I had been waiting for for the whole 2 episodes.
  • So we now know that Tory, Sam, Tigh and Tyrol are four of the Final Five. (Unfortunately, I know who the fifth is, but really wish I didn't). I was kind of hoping at least one of them would be revealed in this episode, but was a little disappointed we discovered all these four at once, because now there's very little suspense left regarding who's a Cylon for me. However, we still don't know who Number Seven is. But then this means there are in fact 13 models, not 12!
  • That look between Tigh and Tory as they reported to their seniors was really touching.
  • Starbuck is back! Or is she? She seemed rather more sane than usual. Could she just be in Lee's head (i.e. Head Starbuck)? When she said "Hi Lee", it didn't seem to be coming through his comm; it was like she was sitting right next to him.
Quotes

Gaius: "The whole fleet knows this man tried to stab me through the neck and you missed! Butterfingers!"

Lampkin: "As much as I hate to use a cat metaphor, Doctor. I think you'll land on your feet."

Adama: "Not guilty. It's not the same as innocent."

Roll on season 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment