Saturday 27 August 2011

Season 3, Episodes 17 & 18

Episode 17: Maelstrom

  • Kara having a sex dream about Leoben was weird but kind of hot. The way her mandala on the wall came back through the white paint as they were lying on the floor was pretty cool.
  • Why was the psychic woman crying when she was repeating to Kara what Leoben had said to her? Was she foreseeing Kara's death?
  • Kara wanting her photo next to Kat's on the wall was really touching, but I should have known this was foreshadowing. It didn't occur to me that way until the end of the episode.
  • Is she really happy for Lee and Dee?
  • In Kara's apartment, we see the words "every delicious sip", among others, painted on the wall next to the mandala. This is something we heard the Hybrid say in a previous episode when Gaius was still on the Cylon baseship. Interesting.
  • How was Leoben (or not Leoben) showing Kara her past and what could have happened if she had gone back to see her mother?
  • All through this episode, I was thinking she can't be a Cylon because she had a mother and all these memories of growing up with her, but then she died and I just couldn't believe it. I don't believe they'd do a whole season of this show without Kara Thrace, and we have no evidence to suggest that anyone else that she knew also knew her mother, or her as she was growing up, so all her memories could be part of her programming. I believe she is one of the Final Five. OMG!
  • Adama's crying and taking out his anger on the model ship just slayed me. Also, I later read, that this was improvised by the actor, and the model was in fact a very expensive museum piece!
Quote

Kara: "The only destiny I have is as a world class frak up."

Episode 18: The Son Also Rises
  • Seeing Adama look over Kara's file broke my heart. Her birthday card to him was so bittersweet.
  • It took me as long as Lee to notice him calling Racetrack "Starbuck". It just seemed so normal for him to be telling Starbuck off.
  • Gaius' lawyer: it's Badger, but with an Irish accent and a cat!
  • Is that pen that Gaius keeps in his pants the one Gaeta stabbed him with?
  • How does Caprica Six manage to still look good after Gods know how many weeks in the brig?
  • Six smelling the pen Gaius keeps in his pants!
  • Beyond sad seeing Lee and Sam with Kara's photo on the wall, just where she wanted it.
Quotes

Racetrack (of Gaius' first lawyer): "If he takes his shoes off in my raptor again, I might have to kill him."

Laura: "I feel like part of our world just fell down." (After Caprica Six says her love hurts as much as Lampkin's. This really says a lot about Laura's feeling towards the Cylons.)

Lampkin: "I have a calling. So the ringing in my ears tell me."

No comments:

Post a Comment