Saturday 2 July 2011

Season 3, Episodes 1 & 2 (plus "The Resistance" webisodes)

Hooray for season 3! But before that, I almost forgot about "The Resistance" webisodes, so I sat down and watched them all in 25 minutes. I liked how they focused on minor characters, most of whom we hadn't seen for a long time. Before I dive in to the first two episodes of season 3, here's what I have to say about the total 10 webisodes:
  • Tigh: "We need more people or this resistance movement is going to die in its crib." (In the presence of Cally and Tyrol's baby, no less)
    Celery is not worth dieing for, Nora.
  • Number Five's position on peace was interesting.
  • Tyrol referred to Sharon as "Boomer" (she told him that Jammer was in the detention centre and that he would be let out). We haven't heard her called by her call-sign for a long time.
  • New Caprica looks fracking depressing.
Episode 1: Occupation
  • The opening music was awesome.
  • Death by chopsticks! (Followed by Kara managing to eat straight after killing Leoben - gross.)
  • Number Three calling Caprica-Six simply "Caprica".
  • Lee looks kind of ridiculous in that fat suit.
  • Sam and Kara have matching tattoos
  • Adama and Sharon as BFF!
  • I'm glad I watched the webisodes before starting this season, so as to properly understand Duck's part in the story.
  • What an ending!
Quote
 
Adama: "I don't do guilt."

Episode 2: Precipice
  • The buzzing of the light in Laura's cell at the detention centre was almost unbearable.
  • It made my stomach turn when Leoben brought in Casey. So wrong.
  • I love the development of Adama and Sharon's relationship, and how much he trusts her.
  • Laura slapping Tigh!
  • Did Leoben orchestrate the accident with Casey so as to make Kara fall in to his trap? I found it kind of offensive that she suddenly cared about Casey after that.
  • Number One describing the other Cylons asking Gaius to sign the death warrant as them "covering their existential asses".
  • I thought the Cylons respected life? Number Five shooting Six when she said that forcing Gaius to sign the death warrant was crazy, was pretty crazy.
  • Sharon being made an officer on the Galactica. It was nice to see her in uniform again - it felt right. Also, are she and Helo now married, since she has the same surname (Agathon) as him?
  • Poor Ellen whoring herself out to Number One. I didn't think I would've been able to feel sorry for her.
  • Tom wishing that Laura had gone through with stealing the election a year ago!
Quote
 
Tigh: "Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the garden of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. Surprised you didn't know that."

No comments:

Post a Comment